Manager of Education & Programs
The Manager of Education & Programs is responsible for the planning, implementation and evaluation of SVAC’s educational programs for adults and children including: classes, workshops, exhibition-related offerings, as well as developing new initiatives and strengthening SVAC’s position in the community. The Manager of Education & Programs will also coordinate several fundraising events and performances each year.
Education & Public Programs
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of workshops/classes for adults and children to include:
- Schedules full roster of activities
- Manages contracting and payment to instructors
- Plans and maintains budget for education and performance programs
- Maintains studios/programming space
- Provides promotional material for timely marketing
- Manages student enrollment processes
- Develops evaluation program to assess future offerings and revenue cost analysis
- Plans, develops and implements unique exhibition-related programs in conjunction with Gallery Director
- Creates lesson plans and teaches informal educational opportunities such as SVAC’s parent-child class, Young at Art, gallery tours and related art-making activities, and other opportunities
- Trains and supervises volunteers and part-time staff assisting in educational and public programs
- Organizes student and school-related programmatic partnerships such as Art from the Schools, Burr and Burton Academy’s Gawlik Awards, etc.
- Develops new relationships with schools and other educational partners (libraries, theaters, etc.) to create new programming on SVAC’s campus or to bring SVAC’s offerings into the community
- Organizes family-related activities such as Halloween on the Hill
- Creates, maintains and refreshes new family gallery, Artventure, in Yester House
Events & Earned Income Opportunities
- Plans and implements SVAC’s performance series in Arkell Pavilion including artist contracts, coordinating artist amenities, online ticket box office sales, and required staff and volunteers
- Plans and coordinates fundraising events related to SVAC’s programs with Executive Director and key staff
- Maintains programmatic budgets, evaluates programs and events, and develops and refines opportunities for earned income
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Works closely with Marketing & Development Coordinator for promotion of all programs; with Gallery Director on student-related exhibitions and exhibition-related programs; with the Business Manager on contracts and payments; and with the Deputy Director of Operations/Executive Director. Also serves as the first point of contact for rental program inquiries and works with outside rental coordinator.
Executive Director (Deputy Director for Operations)
Full-time, salaried (exempt)
This position will operate Tuesday-Saturday schedule. Some additional night and weekend work will be required based on SVAC’s programs and events.
If interested, please send cover letter, résumé, references, & salary requirements to Anne Corso at firstname.lastname@example.org.