Since its opening season in 1997, the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) in Newark has attracted nearly 9 million patrons. The Arts Center's array of 400 unique events each season serves more than a dozen nationalities and ethnicities. Performers who have appeared recently in the acoustically superb 2,800-seat Prudential Hall include Joshua Bell, El Gran Combo, Aretha Franklin, Audra McDonald, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater, Bonnie Raitt, the Royal Philharmonic, Stephen Colbert in conversation with Steve Carell, and Earth, Wind and Fire, among many others.
Each season, NJPAC's Arts Education Department engages more than 60,000 public school children via arts learning initiatives in schools, in our conservatory, and on our stages. The Arts Center has established itself as a home for broadcast by networks including BET, HBO, Comedy Central, PBS and NBC. NJPAC provides regular forums for convening New Jersey’s citizenry to discuss significant issues of the day and “symbolizes Newark’s cultural renaissance” (Forbes magazine).
The pioneering role NJPAC has taken in the redevelopment of the city’s downtown will be evidenced by the groundbreaking for One Theater Square – a 21-story, mixed-use residential building.
The Assistant Production Manager assists in all stage and performance related operations including planning, scheduling, budgeting, purchasing, and stage labor for the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC). This includes the Prudential Hall, Victoria Theater, Chase Room, and all other NJPAC performance related spaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in all areas including but not limited to, production and labor scheduling, performance budgeting, planning and coordinating the use of all stages and stage related equipment.
- Establish relationships with performers and renters and assist in determining services to be provided by NJPAC.
- Work with internal and external clients to create top quality productions while upholding the highest standards in professionalism
- Performance supervision.
- Stage manage performances as necessary.
- Assist in the supervision of stage labor in compliance with collective bargaining agreement and NJPAC policies and procedures.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.